WOW!! It's 11.30pm. The final 30 minutes of 2012 .......... how did that happen? I am kind of happy bidding farewell to 2012. Nothing went according to plan this year. I was beaten. I broke down and "ran away" to Beijing to my sister's place for 2+ weeks. That little break did wonders for me. It was me-time 24/7 and it was heavenly. (thanks again, my dearest wonderful sister for having me)
Despite the physically exhausting and extremely stressful year, I am grateful for God's many blessings. I counted my blessings everyday and reminded myself that "be thankful, it could be worse".
Here's hoping that 2013 will be welcoming me with less surprises. ;)
Let me share with you one of my current favorite dishes. The original recipe was to steam the entire chicken intact without cutting. I simplified it. I used de-boned chicken drumsticks instead. It was quick and simple to put together and tasted wonderful.
The kids and the man was happy with my version - no bones to handle. I was thrilled.
Guangxi Style Steamed Chicken
(Recipe from Wendy)
500g chicken drumstick - deboned
1 tbsp shao xing wine
1/2 tsp salt
1. Sprinkle salt onto chicken and rub gently. Roll it up with the skin facing outward.
2. Wrap the chicken with aluminum foil and steam on high heat for 30 minutes.
3. Unfold the foil and serve hot with dipping sauce.
1 pinch of sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp minced ginger
4 tbsp scallion (finely chopped)
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Mixed everything together except both types of oil
2. Heat up the oil (either in the microwave or on the pan) and pour onto mixture.
I am submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest, Pahang Month hosted by WendyinKK of Table for 2….. or More